October 4, 2012
Tonight’s class was enlightening!!!
Learning to blog is kinda’ cool! What a great way to share our thoughts, ideas, creative endeavours and quest for knowledge in the area of Assistive Technology. I have only attended two classes and have learned so many ways I can make learning easier for individuals with limitations. Learning should be easy! Learning should be fun! Learning should be a life long pursuit! If we can put tools in the hands of kids that make learning fun and easy, then learning WILL become a life long pursuit!
iAuthor!!! Another amazing application from the brilliant minds at Apple! Creating books is easy, fun, engaging, useful, interactive, individualized and most of all informative!!! As I think back to the days when I taught english I can recall the children’s book assignment students used to complete. They loved the project, from the brainstorm, the first draft, the numerous revisions to the illustrations and the final product. I can only imagine what the project would have been like with this program!!!
I could see myself, or teachers within CAMS, using iAuthor for the following:
- Creating a student handbook all about CAMS.
- Developing our CAMS staff handbook.
- Newsletters home could be done in the form of a book with various editions or chapters.
- Great way to promote Social Media Awareness and how to protect yourself on line.
- Welcome book to CAMS for incoming grade six parents and students.
- Using it as a final assessment for a topic covered in class. It can include interactive features as well as information gathering questions.
- Great way to make study notes for a topic.
- Cool way to promote your school on our website. Visitors could be taken on an interactive tour of what CAMS is all about.
- Social stories!
- Great way to promote inquiry based learning – imagine what they could create from one “Big Question.”
How to use iAuthor!